FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:36 am
Schnit

Originally Posted by daslax
Just got under 5/24 and looking to get 2 new Chase cards, one business (Ink Preferred) and one personal (Bonvoy Boundless). I know I need to get the business card first as it will not increase 5/24 and allow me to get the second, but are there any other considerations on timing? I already have 5 Chase personal cards and 1 Ink card. I also plan on opening a Chase Business checking account (for the $750 bonus), so thinking I should open that first and hope for a pre-approved offer at the bank.

Given number of cards and CLs with Chase, I assume they will want me to consolidate/re-allocate - is there any logic in applying for both at the same time, or do I need for the Ink to get fully approved before adding a personal?
In my experience, open the account first. Once everything had been verified and confirmed by chase you are more likely to get an auto approval once you have a bank account thats been verified and funded.

As for the number of cards, I have 6 business and 5 personal, so you are good.

Just be prepared with a good answer as to why you need another card should they ask. For example, if they say you already have 5 business cards, why do you need the IHG Business card, you should have an answer to tell them.