FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:55 am
cardsqc

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
It does seem currently that it's luck of the draw, more than anything else, which leads to an infection, or avoiding an infection. I suppose I'm fatalistic about it, but my principal concern is not getting it ahead of something I really want to do.
Yeah, it sucks when that happens. 2 years or so wife and I never had gotten it, then tested before we were going to fly for a long vacation/cruise and wife tested positive - and it was a strong positive, line appearing immediately. Hadn't really had any symptoms that would make you think covid. Two days later I tested positive and basically had the same symptoms I'd have for any cold I normally get in the winter every year. I actually started testing clear 3 days after the positive, although I'm still not feeling 100% (mainly easily fatigued), wife took a while to test clear.

Guess that was the vacation that was just not intended to be. Originally started out as 30 day baltic/iceland cruise, we canceled that a while back because we were concerned about how open things were going to be still, and then shortly after that ukraine happened. So we switched to an 11 day alaska cruise with some stuff before and after, and didn't get to do that, but realistically, some of the places we were going to visit on the after turned out they still weren't going to be open for hte season yet and/or had gotten flooded out. Someone was just telling us we weren't getting a vacation this yet.