FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:35 pm
dark_phoenix

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by jimindc
I am leaving tonight on a somewhat complicated UA partner award ticket that includes several legs on SAS mainline. If one of my flights is canceled, I should contact UA, not SK, right?
If the award ticket was issued by UA, then they are who you have to deal with - especially pre-departure. If you are allowed to board and they cancel whilst you are in transit, you'd likely deal with local agents on the ground.

Originally Posted by jimindc
I see that my first SAS flight, which is Wednesday morning out of OSL, hasn’t been canceled yet, but that same flight is canceled the day before (Tuesday). In situations like this, would the airline typically try not to cancel the same flight two days in a row? (It is a twice-daily frequency to a smaller Norwegian airport, EVE.) Holding out hope…
I suspect they are cancelling on a rolling basis. So if your flight is operated by mainline, it will likely be cancelled tomorrow as well.

It not about alternating days because this isn't a capacity issue. The issue is the strike of mainline pilots means that there is no one to fly the planes on that route. It's entirely possible that they could take crew (and potentially planes) from other routes to compensate, but I doubt SAS has the spare capacity for that. Their subsidiaries are just as busy as ever 😶 But fingers crossed that your trip is successful.

I suspect you'll get clarity on your trip status by the morning.