FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:22 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Well that was fun.

Just got off the phone with the Concierge who just told me that some flights booked right in front of me by a check-in agent in YQB less than an hour before (driven by a cancellation by AC) were not ticketed.

They showed as HK in the Cowtool, but she assured me that they were not ticketed. The downside was that the YQB agent had put us in J (original booking was 2 pax - Flex M FP) because he saw no availability in Econ. Ticketing just 'fixed' the booking and stuck the two of us back in Y.

We're currently at the top of the e-up list but we will see.

I'm still surprised (and not sure that I believe) that I could show as HK and still not be ticketed. I learn something new everyday, I guess.
A flyable booking consists of two separate, yet equally important pieces. A PNR and a ticket.

Generally speaking, you need to look for the "fare basis" in the cowtool to know if it's ticketed. If there's no fare basis, it's not ticketed properly.

If you go to AC.com, do a search, enter pax details, select seats, and get to the payment screen, you have a PNR, and all segments are HK. But it definitely has not been ticketed yet.