FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:50 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What bothers me is that we have no other option to Australia since AA cut it. I am considering AA to Japan and then Japan Airlines to Australia just to get more AA metal, but it seems silly. I wish AA would just make it clear how they want us to travel since they have cut SO MUCH international that those of us that are traveling have few options than partners (or other airlines entirely).
Originally Posted by snydert
Agreed. This is very frustrating.
Originally Posted by dave_261
Totally agree. About to book USA-SIN. Not many options even pre-COVID, but now it's basically taking the DFW-NRT flight and connecting to JAL as the lone viable option. Several decent options on JAL, QR, QF, and even AY, so hopefully those will give 'credit' towards CK math.
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I'm not sure I'd go crazy out of your way like that, but can you book and AA code on QF on AA's website? That would be the most proximate to booking an AA flight. Do AA and QF have a JV TPCA like AA/BA TATL? That would further reinforce the "CK credit" of this. We're all just speculating though.
what has been your experience with AA status/OWE recognition on OW partners? one big thing for me when losing international routing are the upgrades. unless flying AA metal, i just dont get lucky enough on OW partners for Y to J/F. so i book accordingly. and of course, a bigger priority for me is the ease of comms when fixing issues if everything is on AA. i find myself doing too much admin work when OW partners are involved. and babysitting correct partner mileage accrual is also a headache. maybe just me.