FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:03 am
JustTheOne

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I'm due to do a LGW/AMS B2B tomorrow, with an onward connection (LHR-YVR) on Tuesday. I've created a Verifly record for the LHR-YVR segment with my Covid cert and ArriveCan reference number and this was green-ticked this morning, so as far as Verifly is concerned, I'm good to go. However, when I try to check in for the AMS-LGW segment, I get the dreaded "Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY" message.

I understand from the Verifly thread that this could potentially resolve itself in a few hours/overnight, so I'm hoping that will be the case. If it doesn't, and for the sake of my sanity (and potentially a better night's sleep tonight!), what other options do I have to get my return boarding pass? I presume I can't get it at the gate when I land in AMS, and I know check-in staff at LGW probably won't/can't issue an outstation BP there, but would they be able to verify my documents and unlock the booking so I can generate a BP for the return in the app before boarding the outbound?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, there are reports of agents clearing down the ADOC flag. The problem I foresee though is that LGW has no Canada services so they may need some encouragement.
Thanks - that's a concern! If I could get to LHR tomorrow before heading to LGW, would that be a safer option for clearing the flag, or would they not be able to do anything with it as it's a Gatwick booking?
ETA: LHR visit would be more than 24 hours before the YVR flight, would that hinder things happening there...?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you were within twilight check in the evening before travel then I can't see a problem. It's the sort of area where we get far more questions than data points unfortunately.
​​​​​​Alas not, YVR flight is at 17:15 on Tuesday and if I were to go to LHR, it would be at about 11:00 on Monday before heading to LGW for the early evening flight to AMS - so well outside the twilight check in window.
If this doesn't resolve overnight, I think I will go to LHR in the morning and see if there's anything they can do to clear the flag before heading to LGW and trying there if unsuccessful at T5. And will of course provide any data points I can along the way.
Thanks for your input as always, C-W-S!
Closing the circle on this: as I was in Heathrow already, I popped into the First Wing earlier in the day to see if they could resolve the issue - I didn't want to head straight to LGW only to discover that they couldn't fix it and I'd missed my window to resolve things by bypassing LHR. The LHR check-in agent wasn't able to clear down the ADOC flag for YVR leg, but he was able to issue the AMS-LGW boarding pass once the concept of a B2B had been explained to him and after some time on the phone to ARC (I think?). It still took about 20 minutes the next day to complete check in at LHR for the YVR leg, and the agent ultimately had to phone Canada for approval as everything looked ok but still couldn't be processed. Phew - a slightly stressful start to the B2B though, and not one I'd want to repeat in a hurry!