FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:13 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I booked a trip DEN-ORD-VIE-ZAG...SPU-DUB-IAD-ORD in business as a saver award. It was like... 70k+77k or something of that sort. This was for July 18. I was able to get it changed online to July 17th after checking daily.

I now see an option DEN-LAS-FRA-ZAG on July 16 (one day earlier) for 80.5k. I tried editing my outbound online and it shows no results all day, everyday. I called in to UA and they told me they don't even see the flight... which is idiotic. They even suggested that I was maybe using google... I was persistant and told them to bring up the UA website and they were finally able to see the flight but told me they didn't know why I am unable to change my flight to that day.

Is there something I can do?
Assuming that they were booked together, there will need to be award inventory on the partner legs of the return trip in order for you to make a change to the outbound. From the way that the system is behaving, I suspect that might not be the case.