FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:48 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GQsuperman
Was listed as 1,2,3 on the polaris upgrade list in the app from Y fare for myself and my family with 2 seats open applying plus points on an international flight last week. GS phone agent day before confirmed were were 1-3. GS agent in DEN calls me on my phone at the gate (rather than the overhead?) while boarding- so i walk up to the desk and ask why she was calling. They upgraded the 2 people at 5,6 to the last 2 polaris seats. She said i wasnt eligible to upgrade from economy to polaris. I indicated that wasnt true and showed i had applied 40pts for each and that were were first on the list in the app. She then said the other passengers were O class and should be upgraded before me since they were in Premium plus…but they were 1k. So, either upgrade list was wrong, prior GS phone agent was wrong, or the gate agent was wrong? The pinned thread seems to indicate GS would be upgraded using plus points over a 1k OAR (upgrade list in app seemed to confirm this)
Did you split the PNR? Every pax had their own reservation? If left together then it will only clear when 3 seats are available.