FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:11 pm
zen100

Originally Posted by aada
Hi everyone - would love some advice.

I'm currently Gold, collection year ending October 8, 2022. Card valid until Nov. 30, 2022.

Are there Oct folks getting an extension into 2023?

With all the cancellations, delays and lost luggage, I am finding it so hard to fly with BA this summer, for both business and personal holidays. I still have 1K left to earn. It's a lot. So currently debating whether I go for a status match somewhere and start earning with another airline.

Any tips on how to easily earn this 1K? (I have a few upcoming US flights). Many thanks!
As it stands at the moment, No. That might change, but given some Bronze/Silver members are about to lose status this week on the 8th July (card valid until end of Aug), I think further extensions are unlikely.

So as it stands, October Golds will drop to Silver if you haven't achieved 1,125 tier points by 8th October.

Earning 1,000 tier points over the next 4 months will be very expensive, given fares are so silly right now.

If you are that far off the target, I would just soft-land to Silver and then regain Gold next year when prices and availability will make it easier. It will probably cost you less to get 1,500 tier points next year - than get 1,125 in the next 4 months with the current ridicoulous prices.

And if BA were to surprise everyone and announce an extension for Golds - then any bookings for next year will go towards retaining Gold.