FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:03 am
rhg247

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
So...a story about Shima. In 2016, Mrs. Vker was undergoing extensive aggressive treatment for triple negative breast cancer. 20 weeks chemo, 6 weeks radiation and started with lumpectomy. It was grueling. During the cherry blossom festival, Mrs Vker just needed to get out of the house a bit. But she had little stamina. So a drive in that area and a weekend at the RCTC with club access. Even with the convenience of the Club, Vicky had difficulty with the walk to the club eating there etc. So we were going to do room service. Shima wouldnt have it. Each presentation, Shima delivered Vicky her own assortment of the offerings and refilled anything she wanted. She made sure the rest of the staff did the same for bfast etc. Ended up being a wonderful weekend of relaxation. Change of scenery. Vicky has made a full recovery. But these expressions of care will NEVER be forgotten. I wrote several letters about this. When I needed info from the front desk to do so, the guy said "How did Shima help?" I said how did you know it was her? "He said, its always Shima, she's awesome." She is.
That is so touching and sweet! <3 My mom also survived a similar course of treatment. So I know how crappy it can make someone feel. I'm happy Mrs Vker is well. And not surprised at all that Shima went out of her way to organize the staff to bring some extra light to your getaway. It's obvious that she not just provides exemplary service, but actually cares about her guests.

Let's nominate Shima for Pres of Bonvoy Operations