FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:32 pm
johnsmith

Upgrade priority - intl GS companion

Curious on what the upgrade priority should be. I needed to book me and a family member on 2 sep award tickets (one avail at 30k miles, one higher). This is US to Europe

Higher mileage ticket for the GS passenger showed up on the upgrade list as #1, lower mileage with no status showed up as #6. Flight is tomorrow (Saturday)

ive spent about 3 hrs on the phone with GS agents trying to get the two tickets linked so the lower ticket shows the same status (GS + 40 plus points) and moves to #2 on the list. GS agents attempted to call their ATO support and can’t figure out how to get it done. Ultimately, with EWR GS closed for the night, I got GS to call the Denver airport but Denver said they couldn’t do it bc the flight was originating from EWR.

any recs? Am I right to think both passengers should be linked and show next to each other on the upgrade list (like a GS companion would)?