FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:46 pm
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
As promised, herewith an update of the situation!
Just received the following email:
As alternative options to your claim for compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 (EU261), we would like to offer you the choice between a $1000 (USD) United Travel Certificate (redeemable and transferable toward the purchase of flights operated by United, United Express, or United codeshare partners) or 50,000 United MileagePlus® miles (redeemable on flights operated by United, United Express or by Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Lufthansa, SAS Scandinavian, Swiss, Thai, and 20 additional Star Alliance partners worldwide).

I think I will go for the cash! Also have to send an additional request for my gf, even though we were on the same ticket.

Big thank you to everyone who answered my questions! Much appreciated!
Thank you so much for posting! Keep us posted how things work out for your girlfriend.

I’m so happy you weren’t dissuaded by all the negative narrative and you went ahead and filed. Some people may have walked away based on the commentary. I’m glad you took the advice to move forward. Kudos to you!