FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End to End BA are a Shambles
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:43 am
toothy

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'd add that whilst BA are not great, it appears that all airlines and airports are struggling at the moment based on my experiences in the last 4 weeks. This week I've had:
Flight MAN-HEL cancelled on the morning of the flight by Finnair and no rebooking options offered in a timely manner.

KLM flight to AMS (as the alternative route to HEL) delayed so much that the connection was missed. Whilst rebooking was offered on the website (but not in the app), nothing on hotels to stay in overnight etc. Luckily I had a travel agent to sort it, but there were people who arrived in AMS and were basically told to sort out their own hotel and no explanation on how to claim it back etc.

At AMS the hotel was advising that I check in 3 - 4 hours beforehand for a 7am flight as there had been so many people who'd missed their flights and come back. It's all set up for big queues outside of the terminal. Security queues looked huge but took 45 mins in the end.

Came back HEL-MUC-MAN. Once again all delayed, but quite shockingly Lufthansa were making announcements that their airport service centres were all closing at 11pm and that they can't book hotels or do anything. Lounges were also closed at 10pm.

So basically, it looks like it's not just BA that are having poor service levels at the moment.

T