FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should We Assume The end of PQP Bonuses, Plus Point and Status Extensions?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:23 am
gpicur

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by wjj
I fly ORD/RSW RT every month, and have for several years. It is always packed (except during the early months of Covid) and the F cabin is usually all, or nearly all, paid F passengers, including me. As an example, I flew ORD/RSW yesterday. One GS boarded and he was in the back. About 7 or 8 1Ks boarded and all but two were in the back. The upgrade list was 21 long and no one cleared. It has been a WFBF route for a long time with many people commuting between their homes in the Chicago area and Southwest Florida buying P fares. It was no different on this route on AA when I was a CK. I ended up just buying first because clearing an upgrade even as a CK, was a crap shoot. Clearing now as a UA Platinum just won't happen, PP or no PP.
Hi WJJ, thanks for your keen insight. I am a bit challenged with some of your abbreviations; what is “WFBF” and “CK” ?