FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 Jun 22: 30 flights cancelled because LHR can't cope
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:06 am
kingstontoon

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by jmd
I don’t disagree with anything you say, and I’m not defending any of the many issues with BA at the moment. I was just surprised by others upthread suggesting Easyjet as a preferable alternative in the current times. When they cancel a flight short notice at the airport, the most you can generally hope for is the app telling you that the next available Easyjet flight is in three days’ time. At that point your only hope is to pay for a new flight and hotel yourself and put in a claim to Easyjet which will never get paid. I have had lots of IRROPS in the last few months with BA, and actually what stands out for me is the many friendly and helpful BA staff (who have been treated shockingly by their employer) who have spent hours on the phone with me trying everything to get me to where I want to go.
To be fair to easyJet, they cancelled our 2x£30 flight to Budapest at 5 days notice (not sure why they chose a route scheduled once a day rather than one of the 10 AMS flights or suchlike but hey ho). Called up and there were no other easyJet flights within 24 hours - which I knew anyway - so they told me to rebook and put in a claim. Bought 2x£450 flights on BA from LHR, enjoyed fast track security, the CX lounge and exit row seating and put in the claim to easyJet when we got home. Full amount paid within 2 weeks, no quibble. So in the end a far superior experience 😁

​​​​​