FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:07 am
furnace

Programs: Alaska MVPG (OWS)
Originally Posted by furnace
I booked a 3-flight itinerary on Condor (DE) that includes a first leg on AS, a second on DE, and a third on LH. The CSRs at DE have not been helpful. Folks on AS MVPG line and were able to find the AS PNR pretty easily, which I used to add the flight to the AS mobile app. That said, I can't for the life of me figure out how to add the AS MP number in a way that AS can see it so that I'm in the upgrade list, can check an extra bag, have access to international lounges, and so on.

The CSR at DE claims they were able to add my AS MP numbers to the reservation but there's no indication on the AS side (or the DE side in any place I can see, for that matter) that this has been done. <shrug> Although things look fine in the DE system, my name in the AS app shows up as <FIRSTNAME> Mr <LASTNAME> and DE claims they cannot see this. Because my middle name isn't "Mr" as far as AS or anybody else is concerned, neither the AS App nor the folks at AS seem to be able to add the MP number in a way that the AS system can see it. AS told me to call DE to fix it. DE only responded to say that, in any case, they can't change names in any way because the itinerary involves other airlines.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do to get my status reflected in the reservation for that first leg? Will I be able to add the MP number at the airport during checkin? Will I need to be requesting retroactive miles after the flight?
An update: I called the AS MVPG line a second time and the CSR managed to "try something else" which successfully got my AS number added to the AS side of my reservation. The name was still wrong in the app and on the printed tickets (i.e., with "Mr" as my middle name) but I was able to to check a bag, get upgraded, and so on. No trouble at the airport although it did require a few manual overrides at security and such. The AS and the Condor miles posted normally without any intervention needed.