FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:45 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To be honest, so far, I have merely tersely answered and hope that the CEDR notice the discrepancy when they check compliance (I can't see if I have a way of communicating with them as now it looks like the only messages options open on the website are to the airline since I accepted the CEDR's decision). Contempt was a figure of speech, but I do find BA's behaviour frankly shocking. They should consider themselves lucky that with CEDR the worst that ever happens to them is to have to pay what they should have paid all along and with money they wrongly kept on their account for months. They do not even have the decency to then pay what the adjudicator asks them to.
So it went quickly this time - BA were told the binding ruling was for £350 and they have now confirmed that they have arranged for it to be paid. I don't know if it was my message that triggered this or if CEDR would have concluded that BA had not complied even if I had not said anything, but either way, I still find it incredible that BA are wasting all of our times, even after having been clearly found at fault in the original case.