FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 Jun 22: 30 flights cancelled because LHR can't cope
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:37 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Having had a series of these sorts of experiences (lengthy delays/multiple cancellations) in March/April, in the past couple of months my sense was that things had stabilised a bit. My main bugbear at the moment is repeated delays of 45 mins or so in boarding short haul at T5, presumably because of a shortage of ground staff for the turnaround. Whenever this happens, the gate staff stand around looking clueless, and (despite a steady stream of pax going up to ask for an update) it doesn’t seem to occur to them that it might be helpful to make an announcement (even if it is just to say that the aircraft is still being serviced…).

The current BA operation does indeed bear the scars of the Cruz-Walsh ‘cost cutting is in our DNA approach’, although not everything at the moment is BA’s fault. The one baffling thing in this thread is the suggestion that Easyjet are much better. I am avoiding them at the moment as lots of my colleagues have had very short notice cancellations at the airport, where the app freezes, the staff all magically disappear and where at that point you are basically on your own in terms of rebooking (and accommodation if needed). Good luck reclaiming your expenses as well. For all BA’s faults, I know that ultimately they will get me to my destination, including on other carriers if needed…

Last edited by jmd; Jun 30, 2022 at 12:39 am Reason: Typos