FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T3 Arrival to T5 Departure. Through check bags?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:15 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
CWS would it be better to cross the border at T3, get the underground to T5, and then go through the first wing? Or is it preferable to get the airside bus between T3 and T5, then cross the border at T5 before going through security at the first wing? I’ve only just become BA Gold for the first time, so I don’t have any experience of this. Thank you.
Usually it would not be sensible to do this, certainly the Underground route since the station is nearer T2. The service frequency of the buses airside is more frequent than HEX / Elizabeth / Piccadilly. Plus T3 is currently more congested than T5. The only area where is may be 50 / 50 would be Common Travel Area in T2 via the Tube to T5, since that's a fairly slick pathway. Even then I suspect that mostly the airside bus would be faster. Gold wouldn't make much difference actually, if you were determined to go landside then you may as well take the bus to T5.