FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T3 Arrival to T5 Departure. Through check bags?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:01 pm
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There's a big sign saying UK Border, so yes it is obvious, and as I say I've advised you of this previously too so it really should not be a huge surprise. There are also many other posts about this in FT, so you're not the first to ask by any means, it probably sounds counter-intuitive. It's more problematic for someone who doesn't have First Wing or e-gate access for example. But I'm not in the habit of giving duff advice, as I hope you will also appreciate.
CWS would it be better to cross the border at T3, get the underground to T5, and then go through the first wing? Or is it preferable to get the airside bus between T3 and T5, then cross the border at T5 before going through security at the first wing? I’ve only just become BA Gold for the first time, so I don’t have any experience of this. Thank you.