FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:25 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Snuggs
I think your approach must have caught on. 27Jun AA2920 ORD>TPA 737-8 FA states “due to blah blah blah, pdb is oj/water only” I just rolled my eyes.
I’ve hit a dry spell lately myself. Within the last week…

DFW-MCI CR9 No PDBs offered. Made a very polite request to the FA (who was standing around doing nothing). She rolled her eyes and said “You want water?” I told her I’d prefer something else. She said catering was late (it wasn’t -that- late… she could’ve easily served the entire 9 seat cabin in the 15-20 minutes we were waiting before pushback).

She did offer a full PDB eventually but became hostile to other passengers. When they requested anything besides water (which several did), she asked them whether it would be OK to delay the takeoff to get them their drinks. People seemed confused and told her no. Then the other male Fa came to the front and made an announcement about how his “lovely wife” would be serving us up front. Then he walked around to each passenger and asked who the person was who told her to delay the flight in order to serve drinks. Literally no one had told her to delay the flight. He was a real jerk, and he and the wife seemed to be quite the pair!

MCI-ORD E175
No PDB, but there was a flurry of activity and panicked discussion in the front of the aircraft at the time due to us being overweight by “450-500 lbs.”. The GA, forward FA, and pilots were all discussing whether to burn off the extra fuel or take two passengers off. I was in 1A and heard everything, so I didn’t say anything, because they were clearly otherwise occupied. Service in the air was excellent.

ORD-BGR E175
Initially no PDB after waiting about 5-10 mins. after boarding, but when I asked, the FA smiled, asked me what I would like, open bar, and then she began serving the rest of the cabin.

I think that, for the PDB enthusiasts, it will pay to be proactive this summer.