FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:10 pm
The Situation

Originally Posted by trentryan
Given delta cut the flight schedule starting on 7/1 do we think this will get any better after the holiday weekend?
No. While I am sure DL made those cuts, I am kind of wondering if some of those cuts were similar in how the government defines cuts. They didn't add flights to the schedule so therefore its a "cut." Some of the flights that have struggled with reliability that I have taken recently and will be taking frequently in the next two months have added sections rather than removed a section and I am not seeing the demand to justify those extra sections. My most recent flight, that canceled the flight before mine so I was expecting VDB - not even close to filling my flight.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Let's not gloat before midnight. There's still lots of time today for DL to post further delays and cancellations.

BTW, does anyone know how DeltaConnection is doing compared to AA (and UA) RJs?
In my experience, DL connection has seemed to be very reliable. I have a had a few mx issues with them, but not a number outside the ordinary, and no delays related to crew availability. Unfortunately, my travel patterns are shifting so I will be stuck on mainline for awhile.