FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH421 27JUN and police checks tonight
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:11 am
bostontraveler

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by thbe
CBP does a strong social, cultural and racial profiling. Social profiling against illegal immigration. Cultural profiling against terrorist threats. Racial profiling against criminals. It’s not common, that a white First class passenger from Europe faces any kind of aggressiveness. The aggressiveness against a black Eco passenger from Sudan is intended. It’s not right, but is that how most boarder protection units in this world work.
Speaking from my own experience I can assure you that is not always the case. It is the luck of the draw. You can get people that are professional and others that are tyrants that are picking a fight.

And it's not always with foreigners. I also have US passport and have been subject to questioning multiple times (sometimes intrusive). And no, it wasn't merited.

I know Americans often get bent out of shape when anyone criticizes anything about the US but CBP is not exactly always super professional and is often very aggressive and looking to provoke. More so than in other countries. I've never had those experiences elsewhere in the world except in Israel.

That's my experience. Doesn't mean it's the absolute truth, just my experience, that's all.

Anyway we digress...