FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entry to Portugal from Canada
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:39 am
scoobybpc

Air Canada updated their requirements yesterday:
"Fully vaccinated travellers from Canada , Brazil, United States, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Qatar, mainland China, South Korea may be required to have negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (or similar NAAT) test results. The test must be taken a maximum of 72 hours before the first departure to Portugal. Alternatively, travellers may present a laboratory antigen test (TRAg) taken a maximum of 24 hours before departure to Portugal. Only antigen tests acceptable by the European Union Health Committee are accepted for travel. The results must be in Portuguese, French, English, Spanish, or Italian and may be presented in paper or digital format. Self-tests are not accepted.

This testing requirement includes travellers in transit.

Different rules may apply to travellers going to the Azores or Madeira. Please check the source for more details.

Please contact your airline to confirm if proof of vaccination issued in your country or territory will be accepted."

Still confusing because it says "MAY be required"..

I checked out the source AC is using here:
https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/covid-19...-0be01b91-3c05

I find it interesting because it states:
All travel, essential and non-essential, are authorized for all passengers who enter by air, sea or river, regardless of their origin, as long as they present, at the time of departure, the following:
a) EU Digital COVID Certificate; or vaccination certificate (related to a COVID-19 vaccine allowed in this market); or a full recovery certification
or
b) Vaccination or recovery certificates issued by third countries, under conditions of reciprocity;
or
c) Supporting evidence of the negative nucleic acid amplification test (TAAN) or rapid antigen test (RAT) from the last 72 or 48 hours before boarding, accordingly.

Passengers who doesn’t have any of above, should be tested at the arrival (TAAN or RAT), but before entering national territory, at their own expense.
These measures do not apply to under 12 years old."

I guess worst case is I get tested when I land there.

EDIT: looking at TAP website and entering in my information, under quick facts it said no test required. Under testing section it says MAY be required (same as AC).

Last edited by scoobybpc; Jun 29, 2022 at 8:52 am