FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:26 am
orca1114

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Wow I'm surprised to read this.... I was there in 2014 (I think?) and it was just amazing, I snorkeled and dived the house reef and it was in perfect condition. The PH was known to have one of the best house reefs around. I went diving again last year but did a live-on-board a boat. And the dive guide was saying how nice their reef was. It was one of the rare hotels in the Maldives that built around the reef, rather than "against" it, that a lot of care was taken to not touch the surroundings at all.
It's not true at all. I'm here now. Yes, the reef in the most shallow parts is dead and bleached, but as you move toward the shelf/cliff, it is vibrant with various colorful corals, tropical fish, sharks, octopi, residential sea turtle "Ben," and many other creatures. Outside of my snorkeling and diving experiences on the Great Barrier Reef, this place is the best I've ever seen (without having to take a boat to a special diving location). It's a stunning, healthy reef, and very, very, special.