FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:23 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Had the pasta a few days ago on JFK-SAN (domestic First) and it was ok, not great. Portion was huge, came with peas and butternut squash in a cheese sauce
And so, I had ordered the pasta. And at some point after I had ordered it, and a couple of days ago, the order self-morphed into the grain bowl, and the pasta was no longer an option. Fear not, no reserved meal choices ended up on the flight last night after an earlier JFK/SFO canceled, and my flight had 2 aircraft swaps. Nonetheless, the grain bowl was available onboard, and I tried it. (By midnight-ish, the meal service time for my published 9:10 pm flight, I wasn't that hungry). I would probably have appreciated the dish at an earlier hour. And the FA was so nice - of course, I get such a great crew on a flight where I just want to nibble on the meal for a bit, have a couple of beverages, and then lie down. No PDB, but not surprised, because the boarding was a mess. Originally a 752, with an earlier 763 flight canceled, and my plane swapped to a 763 (which was showing as having been sitting at JFK for 4 hours) then swapped to another 763, which was still not there at boarding time. Either people weren't paying attention, or they weren't being notified of the seat changes during BP scan. If there were a snack basket passed through the cabin, or set up in the galley, I've no idea.