FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA unaccompanied minor (UCM) policy - nonstop only, age (now 14 & lower), same cabin
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:10 pm
l2travel2

Programs: AA, BA Silver (at least for a few more months)
Hi - Wanted to post a quick update in case it's of use to other parents My son flew yesterday ORD-DEL as UMNR and had a great flight - many thanks to the staff and crew for taking care of him.
  • My husband was able to get a gate pass and accompany him into the Polaris lounge for a snack, and also wait there until the flight took off since my son was one of the first to board before official boarding commenced.
  • An airline official handled my son's PP and OCI for the entire journey and also filled out his disembarkation form for Delhi airport.
  • We did not purchase a wifi package for the flight, but he was able to send us messages on WhatsApp when he boarded and deplaned.
  • An airport official walked him through immigration and security in India and checked my mother's PP to confirm address and signature before handing off my son and his documents to her. The official also let her know that for the return journey, she would need to inform the security guard and a UA official would be called since non passengers aren't allowed inside the terminal
I hope the return journey is a success as well - will post an update in a month's time. Thanks!