FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:35 pm
HkCaGu

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by Clemson
Have a 1 stop flight to CLT months out that had a schedule change both on the outbound and return. The outbound and return are separate 1-way itineraries. Not a huge change (an hour or two at most in each direction) but each itinerary states that my companion and I are eligible for a free one-time flight change.

When I search I'm offered a plethora of other options at a supposed 0 cost. However, when I click through any of them, it shows the cost of the new trip minus my original fare (which should equal 0) but then shows me owing a large difference. Is this an IT thing and I just need to call in or am I mis-interpreting? I guess maybe the original fare class isn't available on any of these flights even though it shows $0 change fee? Schedule change happened about a week ago and I've been looking every day with the same results. Departure date is within +/-1. Origin and destination is the same. Pics attached.
I just did the same last Wed night when they canceled my EWR-LAX. I picked a whole new set of flights, $0 out, $0 return. It said $538 due. I hit "purchase". Email came in saying cannot ticket. I called in. Agent saw no additional charge, and ticketed it. The updated PNR (thanks to pnr.sh mentioned in another thread) had no new charge. But Chase.com still shows $538 authorization pending on my Explorer. But as of Sunday night, it had not become a posted transaction and had not dropped off.