FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:58 pm
Monium

Update on the below as I’ve now had it settled by BA.

For the delay, £340 each.

They initially didn’t do anything re the lack of catering, so I reminded them that this was also part of my claim. Tonight I’ve had a response, and 10000 Avios credited for that which I’m pretty happy with.

Am confirming that my fellow passenger has also received Avios, otherwise I’ll chase that.

Originally Posted by Monium
Evening all,

Before I start my claim with BA I thought I’d consult the collective wisdom here as to what we’re entitled to.

Flew LHW-CTA yesterday, arrived around 3.5 hours later than scheduled.

Reason: original aircraft “went tech” so the first aircraft we were put on had been “got
out of the shed” (according to the crew…). We sat on that for a bit, before they decided they couldn’t get it working, so they were going to put us on the ‘original’ aircraft, having decided it was ok after all.

The snag was: in order to get us in the air, no catering at all was on board the aircraft that (successfully although late) got us to our destination.

We had no indication of lack of catering at any stage, either when waiting on the first aircraft, when being told we were changing aircraft or at any time until we were already in the air en route to CTA. So, for a flight that was scheduled to leave at 1455, but actually pushed back from stand and LGW almost
4 hours late, we had nothing but water and a bag of nuts.

What, if anything, is due by way of compensation for the lack of catering on the flight? I know the 3+hr delay kicks in so we’re due the relevant amount for that, but wonder if there’s anything else I should be adding to my email to BA?

Many thanks as ever.