FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:47 am
B747-437B

Arrived this morning at JNB into a typical South African chaos.

I had downloaded and pre-filled my Health Declaration form, but a bunch of jobsworths manning the queues to health check insisted I had to fill a new one out again using the exact same forms they were handing out. I took a blank form from one and then handed the pre-filled form to another guy who accepted it just fine.

Immigration was another mess. The queue marshal was telling everyone to keep their vaccine certificates out which got some people into a panic as they didn't have them because of the new regulations. The marshal insisted that there was no new regulation and even pointed to a sign that said you needed to show your PCR test or vaccine certificate. Even at the immigration counters, some officers seemed to be demanding the vaccine certs and others didn't. I fortunately got a very pleasant lady who smiled, stamped my passport and said "have a nice day" as the entire extent of our interaction but there were raised voices elsewhere down the line.

So come prepared for anything, regardless of what the regulations may say!