FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:13 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zip10001
I missed my connecting flight AA 141 (LHR-JFK) since I had only 1h to make the connection.
Rebooked by AA EXP desk on Monday June 27, so I will arrive at JFK about 18 hours later than expected.
It's BA you would approach for this, but you may struggle on this one, at least inside BA. Usually BA takes the view that if you fall below MCT on a tight connection then it's the airport they blame for not getting you through the system fast enough. You only had about 20 minutes leeway on this, and you went a bit over this. I can see BA not paying this one. It's worth trying since it's possible CEDR will see this as more BA's actions / more that BA could do to assure the flight. Hopefully you have been given hotels and food arrangements.