FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:43 am
tr3k

Originally Posted by Deckter
Just spoke to Booking.com/GTG, and some of their cs are truly useless. Anyway, got transferred to someone a bit brighter and he confirmed that LA cancelled the booking and made notes that only a refund is possible, no rebooking. Obviously, no communication from the OTA, I actually had to ask the guy to put this info in writing. I still have to call back and ask for a refund, it doesn't happen automatically.

Happy that I booked on IB stock as well, at least that one is intact, so I reckon it will stick.
Same experience with Booking.com/GTG. After many calls finally got someone to confirm that the ticket is "gone" (they don't know why) and initiate a refund. I suspect this will take a long time. The agent states that they will refund me after they get a refund from the airline (LATAM) - that may not be easy (although I suppose that's how it works).

The only silver lining is that GTG does not charge any "refund processing fees" if booking is made through Booking.com (which is nice, will keep in mind in the future).