FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:15 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by atflyer
Thanks for this data point Brendan. I fly this evening to Oslo and if even this morning things are doable (time most vulnerable for clogging if pax show up hours early, doubling or tripling the usual numbers), this evening things should at least not be worse as you saw it. Of course I have to use dep 1 and have 'just' Sky priority instead of Privium but it seems there won't be a repeat of my London nightmare earlier this week.
Latest situation is that departures one security entrance is closed and everyone has to go by the stairs.

You will probably be guided to either 1 or 2 upstairs depending on the situation at the time.

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Same here but then for departure, congestion at ATC, delay approx 1 hour. We might get a pushback to free the gate and wait at a different location. But I think the next flight has received a gate change as there were TK luggage containers that showed up after our scheduled departure time and have now been taken away again.
Slots are a ...... Apparently, the outbound from Vienna, on the plane I was supposed to take back, was boarded, and then sat for almost two hours on the apron before timing out. Imagine that, boarding your already delayed plane, then sit in it for as long as your flight is supposed to take, only to then get out in the same place. They say it's due to weather. My eventual flight to Budapest took a very circuitous route as well, flying in Poland just north of the southern border, not turning south to Budapest until actually east of the airport longitude.