FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Devalues Clubs - Makes sure they are packed beyond capacity.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:12 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
We spent two hours in the LAX club recently (on a Monday late morning). Wasn’t crowded at all. Great experience and I was happy I had my Explorer day passes.
Agreed. I have never seen the new LAX full - always plenty of seats. (The old one that was out by 77 was always packed).

Originally Posted by Kacee
UA should curtail guest access. Large families are a big contributor.
apart from the new EWR club, not sure what this is referring to. Same garbage at SFO.
a lot of families at SFO including mine but we never have trouble finding seats. IMO I always found IAH (C terminal) to be much worse pre-pandemic and never saw any families in there. I’d put my money on the OTP as the culprits.

Originally Posted by seanp7
Really? 30 mins? I've never waited that long even at 5pm at the old EWR C74. A line of 6 or 7 deep moved fast at my last visit because no one gets anything fancy - just beer, wine, well.
I’ve seen lines 12 long at SFO (terminal F) that indeed ran 20-30min as the solo barkeep is insufficient particularly with people ordering fancy mixed drinks.

if alcohol is the top priority the Amex lounges (or Escape) are the better call, assuming you can get off the wait list for entry LOL

Originally Posted by mduell
Funny, I'm heading the other way from most in this thread, signing up for the Club (via the Chase card) mostly because I'm traveling with kids now, 7 years after ending my prior membership.

Maybe they'll install playgrounds soon...
We found lots of overseas lounges with playrooms for children but they seem to be a rarity in the USA. Still we have always found lounges more essential when traveling with kids. It’s a relative safe space and they love getting their own drinks and snacks.