FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:30 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by JoeDTW

2. Once you get to the easternmost city on NC's system, you see that you can take a five stop to Marquette, Michigan. Where are the stops?
We already know that Boston was the easternmost destination ever served by North Central as later in the summer of 1979 the airline acquired and merged with Southern thus becoming Republic....and this development eventually marked the end of an era specifically with regard to Herman the Duck when RC finally got around to unveiling a completely new livery some years later....

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Repu...-9-31/710227/L

So here we go with a classic milk run....

2. Boston - Detroit - Lansing - Grand Rapids - Green Bay - Escanaba - Marquette. Although not requested in this quiz item, I'll also guess the equipment was a DC-9-30.

BTW, back during the fall of 1971, I did some hitch hiking all around Michigan including up in the UP all the way to Sault Ste. Marie and beyond into Canada. One of the things I noticed was the fact that North Central was all over the place in Michigan - I think NC served just about every city both large and small in the state.

Last edited by jlemon; Jun 24, 2022 at 11:56 am Reason: added photo link