FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:45 am
sau54

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I suppose it might take more time to look at each bag as it passes through, but I think they save a lot of time because people can just dump their bags and walk through. There’s always a load of people who sleep walk their way to security and then seem surprised when they have to take liquids out etc.

HEL is such a great airport, I’ve really enjoying flying from there a couple of times this month. As you say, priority security is a dream there.
I never travel with liquid and rarely travel with an iPad or laptop. I always travel with a camera and occasionally, my bag has to be manually inspected and the camera bag has to be scanned again. It's not very consistent.

Hopefully, the days of us taking out our shoes, laptops, and liquid will be in the distant memory with these new CT scanners.

Originally Posted by KARFA
You didn’t have to take anything out of the bag as they are all CT scanners at AMS now.
Since I rarely travel with a laptop and never have liquid with me, are you saying that with a CT scanner, I'll never have to take out a laptop again? It didn't crossed my mind to bring a laptop just to test it.

​​​​​​​You're right, I don't remember having to take my camera out of the bag at AMS while I had to do that at LHR! When is LHR getting CT scanners?