FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA ground staff at LHR: Summer '22 strike threat suspended after deal agreed
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:44 am
jmasgat

Okay. My first time ever flying BA. Ha! We are due to return (VCE-LHR-BOS) on July 23/24 (evening flight to LHR, overnight at airport, LHR-BOS in a.m. of the 24th), which is squarely in the bullseye of possible strike target dates. I'm trying to just be prepared & understand my options in the event of a strike Already plan to do carry-on only. So two questions:
--Does American Airlines have its own ground staff at Heathrow? There is an AA LHR-BOS flight that leaves at the same time, and would jump on that if we could.
--We are flying Business Class. If our BA flight to BOS still goes out (I have read elsewhere that long haul flights are ones that they try to maintain), then does anyone think this would be helpful in avoiding the inevitable check-in carnage?

ETA: Just checked my booking and BA canceled my VCE to LHR flight and didn't book me any replacement! Wow, they suck (apparently no business class flights available on the next earlier flight).

Last edited by jmasgat; Jun 24, 2022 at 11:47 am