FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA ground staff at LHR: Summer '22 strike threat suspended after deal agreed
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:12 am
ModestPointsCollector

Programs: BA Bronze :(
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
You know a key reason we have low unemployment in this country is due to the flexible labour market. If you don't like your job, go and interview elsewhere. Lots of BA staff learnt this during the pandemic...

Healthy labour markets and free business is based on competition, choice and flexibility. Unions are just bullies who wait until the time to screw people over comes and then go on strike. They dont create anything, they dont invest in anything, they just take take take.
Unbelievably privileged take. Where's the dislike button?

I'm not exactly what you call pro-union but I find it highly ironic that you say unions are just bullies. I forgot BA was the victim here, massively ramping up fares to take advantage of the insane demand this year, while also witholding pay from staff at the same time. And no, a 10% one off payment is not even close to good enough, that should be a bonus on top of their original wage for having to take up the slack post axe swinging.

Staff who've been good enough to stay loyal, or forced to stay with BA because they have no other options are essentially almost 20% worse off in real terms than they were in 2019. That is ridiculous.