FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overnight / lodging suggestion for Sfo-pdx drive?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:16 pm
gaobest
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
thanks again everybody. We enjoyed luncheon in Eugene today at lion & owl.
last night our supper was the delicious Crescent Seafood in Crescent City which I associated with the prison due to too many Sf chronicle articles that I read in the 20th Century.

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I particularly enjoyed Dunsmuir. It's a cute little town nestled in a mountain valley near Mt. Shasta just off I-5. There's a fantastic restaurant in town, Cafe Maddalena that is absolutely worth stopping for regardless.
thank you - I’m telling my spouse about this restaurant. I’ll Google it and send the link. We are staying in Medford and then will drive Medford to Sf via 5 for time factor.

Originally Posted by djp98374
it depends on which way

in between Redding to Medford/ klamath falls there is not much in terms of stopping places. Same with leggert to eureka. Not much tostop at other than garberville where you have the Avenue of the giants you can do a side trip down. About an hr side trip.
Thank you for this - it was great to know. We did drive about an hour through Avenue of the giants which was super fantastic for me to see. I hadn’t heard of it before.

i definitely would drive Sfo-pdx in the future as a road trip instead of flying.

bonus is that gas is $1/gallon less in Oregon compared to San Francisco lol