FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:50 pm
speedbird85

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Interesting first response from Customer Services today to a claim for cancelled flight compensation I made in March. No claim made for alternative travel arrangements.

I'd like to inform you that in order to investigate your claim for EU compensation, we'd require the proof of your alternative travel arrangement to xxx showing the planned departure and arrival timings. This maybe a boarding pass, e-ticket receipt, or a proof of travel from the operating airlines. I'd request you to please send us any of these documents by clicking here.

Maybe by coincicdence I got my first response from CEDR an hour earlier, asking me to confirm that I had waited more than 8 weeks before contacting them (I thought I had already done this in the claim).
I have just had the same first response to a claim I made in April for cancelled flight compensation. I didn’t make a claim for alternative travel as I decided not to travel. Frustrating it has taken exactly 8 weeks today to get this response.