FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:00 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flieduk
Wonder if anyone can help with an EU261 query. I posted on the LH forum re a cancellation and trying to get rerouted: LH965 Cancelled (Monday 27 June 2022)

However, my question relates to how any decision to seek alternative re-routing impacts EU261 compensation. There appears to be a more active EU261 thread on this forum so I thought I would ask about that particular aspect on here.

In short, I am scheduled on Monday to fly EDI-FRA-EZE. Lovely flight in J, 55min connection in FRA. Apparently, however, LH965 (EDI-FRA) has been cancelled. So for some reason FRA are trying to fly me a day later routed EDI-FRA-PTY-EZE. I am not particularly keen on an additional layover, different standards of service and food, etc (not to mention I am not sure what PTY covid rules are). However, if I go back and request an alternative routing will I lose any entitlement to EU261 compensation?

Thanks
No. Entitlement to compensation stands separately from the entitlement to get rebooked.