FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:01 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cab747
Any data points on waiting period of closing Marriott Boundless card and reapplying for a new one? Should be eligible as my old Boundless was 9+ years old, 3+ years from getting the Marriott Premier to Boundless upgrade bonus, and 5+ years having my Bonvoy Amex (old SPG card).
No personal experience, and I would be interested in data points, too. In the Marriott card thread a recent post said:

Originally Posted by philemer
The questions above about "how long to wait" & CL are not specific to Marriott cards. I'd suggest that these questions be asked in the "Applying for Chase Personal Cards" thread. It is a more active thread. And then search that thread for your questions. A 4 day wait is generally long enough after a card closure. Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there.

Since the 5 free nights offer seems to expire 7/21, I am likely going to wait 30 days after my cancellation of the old card (6/13) to be on the safe side unless everyone here thinks that’s totally stupid and unnecessary.