FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:52 am
sau54

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
I passed through T3 flight connections yesterday. They had two desks to check documents and then four security lanes open. I think it probably took us 45 mins to get through, which was because fast track wasn’t open and the numerous Americans in front of us who had apparently visited LHR or European security for the first time. Despite repeated instructions and demonstrations, the majority of these travellers still didn’t comply with liquid requirements - multiple people left their liquids in their bags or tried to bring through more than one bag per person, or oversized toiletries. Security were doing their job really well but frankly there are no limits to human traveller stupidity. The majority of the people in front of us seemed shocked that liquids needs to be screened and had to be a certain size. Our entirely compliant and appropriately bagged liquids were then secondary screened for no reason whatsoever and we had to wait behind these travel-challenged individuals.

LHR desperately needs to bring back fast track security for flight connections (and also consider a separate lane for frequent flyers tbh, so we don’t have to deal with this crap).

Edit: we passed through T3 FC during jubilee weekend and the actual security queue was much shorter and more efficient, with no traveller related compliance/cognitive impairment issues. However, they only had one person checking documents prior to this so there was a fairly large queue there. On that occasion, multiple people were turned away because they had gone to the wrong terminal, so this line took a long time to clear. Then a French couple decided to block the line and have an argument with the lady for not letting them through, even though boarding for their flight had already closed.
Originally Posted by danmushman
Experienced something very similar last Friday morning - but it was in Fast Track T3. The peeps in front of us (fairly sure Americans) would stand in line doing nothing. Then, and only when, they arrived at the baggage trays, proceed to open their bags, remove their laptops/ipads, and then locate and bag up their liquids into the bags the overly-nice security agent gave them.
It happens all the time and I don't think it's fair to blame it on Americans. I was at the VS security screening last week and there was a guy that brought jam. He had an European accent speaking English. I do find it annoying that people are not ready for the security screenings. Whether it's liquid, laptops, or whatever, I don't understand how in this day and age, people aren't ready. Before I even get to the trays, the reps would remind us to take out the laptop and liquid. Yet, people still get to the tray not understanding what has to be done. I even saw a British family of three (spoke with a British accent) that was totally unprepared for the security screening. They were at T3 fast track and just ahead of me. I think they managed to talk themselves to the fast track because they were running late. It was a crazy day at Heathrow and I guess if you say the right things, you can skip the lines. Anyways, I got really frustrated with this family as they had to unpack everything from their bag. I lost patience and ask if I can just jump in front of them since they were taking their time!!! The guy told me to chill and I responded that he should have been ready for the screening as he was holding everyone back. I want to go to the lounge and not want to watch him unpack and repack his bag! I guess there's no love lost between Brits and Americans as he obviously knows where I'm from given my accent!