FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Montréal Downtown - MASTER REVIEW THREAD
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:47 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Exactly my thoughts seawolf.Right now they can get it with being new high season and Grand Prix in town as I was leaving.
First attended the former Hyatt Regency Montreal years ago with the Star Mega Do with an incredible group of industry consultants,
notable well known bloggers and Flyertalk folks
I found it odd that we were barred from the Regency Club despite elite status and given odd shaped weird small dated rooms.
On my next trip they more than made it up to me upgrading me to the
Presidential suite which was absolutely amazing!Private office, dining room, kitchen, living room with fireplace,huge master bedroom.
My Canadian friends thought I must have won the lottery.
The former HR hotel had one of the oddest layouts and entrances ever and def needed a refurb in the rooms.
Hilton appeared to do a respectable job
I would try it out as a Doubletree (with limited expectations)and almost did this trip instead opting for the Ritz Carlton and the Vogue Curio before ending
with the Hyatt Place and parting with Glinda on my emotional departure without my assigned support insect
Accessing the hotel is definitely confusing for first time guests. The Doubletree rooms were renovated under Hyatt flag. Reflagged within a year after renovations completed. Relatively large and deep swimming pool. Glob had breakfast in restaurant which was relatively top notch.

Not sure how property is treating Hilton Gold/Diamonds or lounge offering as I haven't been since reflag. Took my 40 nights over to Courtyard/Humaniti/AC since reflag just to stay in the same location and lost Globalist status since. Was hoping the two new Hyatts could offer a good alternative. There was a rumor a couple of years back of an Andaz coming but it seems to have fizzed out.