FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA ending all service to ISP (Long Island-Islip) and ITH (Ithaca, NY)
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:18 am
george 3

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Did they ever try? I only remember ISP-PHL flights in recent years. That said, unless you can fly nonstop from ISP, you're just better off flying into JFK/LGA and driving, as it will probably be cheaper and faster than making a connection.
Actually, this will be my story after Labor Day as I now live on the North Fork. I didn't mind having the PHL connection for some flights (although the morning flight at 6am out of ISP was tough) like IAH, MCI, et al. For Florida I usually took Frontier as it had a good option to Orlando where our son lives. Frankly, most of my flights to and from ISP on AA were always very close to capacity and I wondered why they didn't offer more flights. Or shudders, a 175 for J seats. They have several flights a day from JFK to RIC and CLE and the CLE flights are rarely more than 50% full. The basing logistics notwithstanding, they could have used that aircraft (and crew) to support ISP.