FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How did you feel when you flew first class for the first time?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:39 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
First simple domestic U.S. F would have been 1995, just hit AA Gold, used my 500-mile stickers on MCI-ORD. Don't recall any magical feeling from that - I had an older coworker explaining the mileage game so I kind of knew what to expect. Including the fact that as a Gold, you take the short upgrades when you can. Back then there was only Gold and Plat, so hitting Plat was the real game changer.

First TATL J - 1996 AA ORD-BHX, 767 barcalounger style seats. The best part about this flight was that I learned about lounge access from the counter agent as I was checking in. She's tagging my bags and starting to give me directions to the AAdmiral's Club and I'm thinking "why? I'm not a member." I remember thinking the lounge was fantastic. AA's lounges were okay back then, but little did I know what else was out there.

First long-haul 3-cabin F - IAD-FRA, LH 747, 2007. This one was magical from start to finish. Soft product before, during and after. Also my first lie-flat seat and first experience with a truly top-shelf first class lounge. On the return flight (FRA-IAD) we got the full car-to-the-plane service from the first class terminal.