FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:50 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
When I started reading this thread I had the same assumption as you. I've seen a lot of food snobs on Flyertalk and in life in general, and I figured that the food was probably not as bad as everyone said. But now, hundreds of posts and photos later, it has become clear to me that this is one of those rare situations where things really are as bad as people say. For me the kicker was the pictures of Kit Kat and Tim Tam bars for dessert.
Yes there are alot of food snobs out there. Maybe I'm one of them. However, there are alot of people who have flown a few years ago and remember. The main reason I take a photo of all my in-flight meals is to help me remember when they cut something. (Sometimes UA makes it easy and still serves you an empty bowl where something use to be). There are also alot of people who fly outside of UA so they have direct comparisons. So in my opinion, it really is that bad.

However, everything is relative. There are many who only fly in economy. If its your first time up front, you may think its great. Also, some people just don't care what they eat.

There are even others that don't eat airplane food at all and just skip the meal.