FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA abandons a load of A380 diverted passengers at BOS (293/22JUN)?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:39 am
chuck1

BA abandons a load of A380 diverted passengers at BOS (293/22JUN)?

In fairness I'm waiting for a full report as it is only the next morning but would love another report.
My friend and her child were in business class on BA 293, the evening A380 service from LHR to IAD on June 22.
The flight left on-time.
Approaching the US there were thunderstorms around IAD so the flight landed in BOS. It was around 7:30pm and they at a gate by 7:55pm.
They were told the crew hours were find and they would get fuel and head to down to IAD as soon as possible.
The ground stop for IAD was originally in effect until 9:15pm and then extended to 10:15pm. Sometime after that time it was announced that everyone was to get off.

They were told they were to claims their bags, go through US customs and get themselves to the DC area as best they could. It was suggested they go to the Amtrak website.
Again, I need to get the full story on this.

My friend looked for a rental car and none were available.
She told me she had a great deal of difficulty finding a nearby hotel and booked an Amtrak at 6am from Boston to DC.
That sounded crazy to me so at 11:30pm I found 2 seats on JetBlue at 5am to DCA.

They just spent the night at the airport because at that point there wasn't much point finding a hotel.

Again, if someone else was on this flight, please chime in as I'm eager to hear another opinion.

I do see in flight status the aircraft is due to continue tonight, June 23, BOS-IAD, and will operate BA 292 about 22 hours late.

I'm assuming this is more of a ferry service and not intended to carry passengers but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks.