FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades at SLH
Thread: Upgrades at SLH
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:37 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I can update on our upgrade experience at SLH Altstadt Vienna - though caveat, it was booked through SLH due to a fair bit better rate. I hold SLH Indulged (highest) status, but it could not have mattered less.

While a lovely place (aside from parking which basically is non existent), the very friendly team could not have been more clueless about SLH benefits and when I probed if they knew about Hyatt+SLH benefits they looked genuinely puzzled.

We got the exact same room assigned than we had booked Deluxe (Medium) and when I started to probe a Deluxe (Large) materialized. To be fair, they were fairly full, but the zero recognition for a top member of their primary hotel affiliation program (SLH) was sad to see.

Eventually, later that day we were informed we could move to a lovely Suite (Medium) called Opera the next day (for 3 more nights) which "fixed" the experience for us, but I still wouldn't go out of my way to return unless rates were reasonable and not above 300€ like when we stayed. YMMV.