FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA ending all service to ISP (Long Island-Islip) and ITH (Ithaca, NY)
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:03 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by EXP100
Given how a bulk of the flights from ISP are to Florida, I've always been surprised that AA could not make ISP/CLT work.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Did they ever try? I only remember ISP-PHL flights in recent years. That said, unless you can fly nonstop from ISP, you're just better off flying into JFK/LGA and driving, as it will probably be cheaper and faster than making a connection.
Originally Posted by Disarray
No, they never tried. AA inherited the ISP -> PHL from UsAir. I had heard rumblings of a flight from ISP to CLT or RDU from people who claimed inside information but nothing materialized.
US certainly operated ISP-CLT in the past (definitely into the 1990s, and perhaps into the 2000s although the route was discontinued well before the merger). It was one of the first flights I ever took as a young boy. AA also flew mainline ISP-RDU - well before the days of Southwest's sizeable presence at ISP.

-FlyerBeek